Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Old Worthington Market Day and Quarter Beer Festival

Finally, more pics from nearly two Saturdays ago. (Yeeps! Time flies!)
We were surprised at just how big the festival was upon arrival. At first it was cloudy and cool, but it quickly became gloriously sunny and warm.
A band and balloons in front of the Mason's Lodge. 
The antique and vintage quad of the green.
Things that I passed on that I wouldn't have minded taking home included this loverly old Christmas tree stand. So much better than the clunky modern plastic ones. No skirt required. Couldn't justify it as we haven't had a real tree (or any other kind of tree) the last couple of years and don't know when we'll be having one again as we are never home for Christmas.
And this old aluminum milk delivery crate complete with bottles. Wouldn't it be fantastic for flowers at a rustic-y wedding or (insert special event)? So many possibilities in that context. An ombré arrangement, something like here, would be gorgeous.
Looking pretty fall-ish.
Appreciating Worthinton's cupolas atop St. John's Episcopal Church (above) and the Worthington Hardware Co.(below).

We dropped into the beer festival for a bit right when we got there, then while Greg got his haircut I did my looking about, then we rendezvoused back for some more yummy midwest craft beer.
All proceeds benefited the Worthington Food Pantry, so we were drinking for a good cause. (Or a better one than usual I should say. Hehehe.)

This chap was in the spirit. It was also Columbus Oktoberfest at the state fairgrounds that weekend.
Cheers! *Clink!* (Or rather the plastic cup equivalent.)

Last weekend we went back to Champaign for University of Illinois homecoming (we are both alums). Festivities included skipping around downtown Champaign Friday night, followed by tailgating and an (exciting!) football game bright and early Saturday morning. Alas, we had to drive back shortly after the game as Greg had to fly away to the other side of the world Sunday afternoon (literally, to Tokyo). And he won't be home till next week. Boo. But I'm not too gloomy as I am getting away to Florida tomorrow to meet our new niece and celebrate the other's third birthday. Hooray for hot sunshine, a pool, palm trees, and birthday cake!

1 comment: