Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Explanation

Greg and I are lucky to have an extremely close group of friends from high school and shortly thereafter. Though we've spread out all over the globe, through the years not only have we reconnected back in Illinois, but we've visited each other, vacationed together, and gone to concerts and sporting events, across and even outside of the country, on a regular basis. 

Two weeks ago today one of these close friends, who was living in Colorado and working at a resort, fell while snowboarding. Two weeks ago tomorrow, he died from the injuries he sustained. That Friday, we drove back to Illinois to spend the next five days with our circle of friends, all of us back home together again, trying to comprehend what had happened. A week ago today was the visitation, a week ago tomorrow we laid our friend to rest. 

It's been the hardest two weeks of my life. I'm still somewhat in disbelief. I think I'll eventually return to blogging, but right now, everything needs some reevaluation. 

I did want to share one thing. Aaron was an organ donor. He will live on not only in the memories of his friends and family, but also through his gift of life and health.
This link makes it easy to check and update your donor status in the US. 
Please consider.

♡,

Erin

1 comment: