On Monday of last week, while Greg was attending a conference, I did a bit of site seeing. First stop was the Old Post Office, home to some of my favorite governmental organizations including the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
But I mostly went for the view, from the clock tower way up there.
I then headed to the National Mall to wander around, but my wandering was cut short, as these ominous clouds soon brought a steady rain that lasted the whole afternoon.
But I did manage to snap some pics first, of the Washington Monument...
the Smithsonian Castle...
the National Archives...
and of some early cherry blossoms.
But alas the rain came and I had to take cover, which I did here, at the Natural History Museum. Not at all a bad way for an anthropologist to end up spending the afternoon.
Greg and I both returned to the Mall Wednesday afternoon before we headed home and had a stroll around. Twas a much nicer day!
Be warned, when strolling around the Mall, the next site to see is further away than it looks! My feet were grateful for all the sitting that came with the car ride to the airport, the waiting for our flight, and the plane ride home. But as I'd never been to Washington DC before, it was fantastic to see these iconic places in person.
As I took a couple hundred pictures during my afternoon spent in the Natural History Museum, there is one more DC trip-related post to come.
♡,
Erin











No comments:
Post a Comment