This weekend we were back at the basement, this time with help from Greg's Mom and Dad. But there was an escape from the dungeon (as I'm sort of starting to think of it) by Greg's Mom and I long enough to take in the Farmer's Market (as per the usual for me, as you already know).
I've wanted to try one of Sassafras Bakery's (super cute website) lovely goodies for awhile. As by the time we were ready to pack it in and return home, it was nearly 11:00 and I was still sans breakfast, I finally just couldn't resist any longer, and upon being told it was the last chance, brought home this gorgeous peach basil scone. (Last chance because Ohio peaches are nearly gone till next year. Boo.) And oh boy, it was as good as it looks!
Also on offer at the market was the new fall edition of Edible Columbus, published quarterly and devoted to covering the wonderful producers and purveyors in the region.
So before getting back to work, I brewed up a cup and took a load off. (I swear the sweet fall palette of this assemblage is a happy coincidence!)
So happy to see Honeyrun Farm featured! (See previous Farmer's Market tribute.)
(At risk of it seeming like this blog is completely devoted to farmers markets and dahlias) later in the afternoon I plucked these lovelies from my own front garden!...
and jammed them into a few little arrangements for around the house. I've been hooked on fresh flowers on the dining table for quite awhile now, and after sticking some in the office and spare bedroom for the benefit of our Labor Day weekend guests, I've now gotten used to peeking into these rooms and having cheery bouquets sitting there staring back at me. So for now, while they're abundantly free for the cutting, I think I'm going to keep indulging.
Anywho, progress was made in the basement; optimistic projection is that we'll be watching college bowl games down there. Pessimistic, the Super Bowl.
Back soon.
♡,
Erin



What a darling blog, Erin! Thanks so much for shopping at the market and for featuring my scones here. You can also find select scone flavors at Hills Market, Market 65 and Bexley Coffee Shop. Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Ooooh! Hills Market is top on my list of food-related places to visit. I've lived in Worthington over a year and somehow only recently heard about it. I can't wait to try more of your goodies! :)
ReplyDeleteErin, I'm glad you're enjoying Edible Columbus! Thanks for sharing it with your followers!
ReplyDeleteI love Edible Columbus! So fun to see what you've been up to- missed your posts while my computer was broken!
ReplyDeleteCatherine, my pleasure! Meredith, awwwww, thanks! Glad you're back! :)
ReplyDelete