Bonsai trees never cease to amaze me.
There are several climates represented within, from tropical rainforest to desert.
These beauties were somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 to 50 years of age! What's really amazing though is just how gorgeous they are given how relatively small their root systems must be.
There is currently a butterfly exhibit going on in the Pacific Island Water Garden. Hundreds of live butterflies flitting about.
And koi to boot. I think I've mentioned I ♥ koi.
There is also a lovely gift shop with a greenhouse full of specimens to bring home. Somehow I refrained, though I absolutely love this type of begonia.
On the home horticulture front, this afternoon I noticed peony shoots poking out of the ground. Got to be a good sign warmer weather isn't too far away.
♡,
Erin











What a beautiful place! You've reminded me that we have a conservatory here, and I haven't visited it for years.
ReplyDeleteI adore koi too ;)