Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Ode to Curly Willow

I purchased this lovely bunch of curly willow at Whole Foods over a month ago and I've been meaning to do a post on it pretty much ever since. Because after I brought it home and plunked it in a vase of water it quickly went from being a sculptural bunch of twigs,
to a gorgeous, leafy, green plant complete with an insane root system.
So I began to imagine it spending the summer on the screened-in porch in a classic little urn, happily coexisting with a little bit of sheet moss. I found the urn (at Target) and potted it up last week. Three days later all the leaves had shriveled up and it was officially on its way to the compost heap. Apparently it was hydroponically inclined. (Below pic was taken just post-potting.)
Oh well. I purchased it looking for something that would last a bit longer than your average bunch of flowers and it definitely filled that bill. RIP curly willow. 
On the bright side, now I get to decide what to refill the urn with!

♡,

Erin


4 comments:

  1. I love how the roots looked in the vase. Too bad it didn't live on for you! 'A' for effort though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I wondered if I shouldn't leave well enough alone before I did it, but it was worth the try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Entonces quiere decir q estas plata solo de da en agua

    ReplyDelete