Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Poms and Peonies

Last fall I ordered a small bunch of tissue paper pom kits from Etsy shop PomLove. Well as it turns out, I just got around to opening the box they came in, fluffing up three of the summerier colors I chose, then hanging them up in the front window about a month ago.
I am really in love with the current trend of incorporating celebratory decor into everyday decor. Buntings, garlands, pompoms, fairy lights, bring them on! In a world that seems to be full of bad news, I think the continuous sense of cheer they bring is much needed.
And the same could be said for flowers, whether growing outdoors or cut and brought inside. I am sooooo excited for the first time in years to have peony bushes in the yard. I always meant to plant a couple at our last house, but never got around to it. These beauties burst into bloom yesterday, and I immediately snipped a few. I took the pic on the left above this morning, and when I came back around a couple of hours later the subject had completely popped open (right). A natural pompom!

Sitting here at the table I keep getting whiffs of them blown on the breeze. ♥
And a couple shots of those left out in the yard (for now!).

♡,

Erin

2 comments:

  1. lovely! thanks so much for the feature, erin! you did a fabulous job opening and hanging your poms, too!

    kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love them. They really do put a smile on my face every time I look at them. :)

    ReplyDelete