Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Beautiful Day for Baseball in Beantown

Hello! Apologies for my long absence. I actually got to take a little trip last week! Greg had a conference in Boston, which has been high on my list of cities to visit for awhile now, so I made him take me along. (I don't think he minded too much.) 
We decided to get tickets to the Sunday afternoon Red Sox game, so we took a way-too-early-for-my-taste flight Sunday morning to get there in time. But it was an absolutely gorgeous day, so totally worth it. We got there early to take in the park and get some refreshments before game time.

I am no real baseball fan, however I am more than happy for any excuse to sit in the sun and drink beer and eat a hotdog (and a pretzel, and peanuts...). So bad, but oh so good.
And though I didn't really care too much about the game (though I was happy with the outcome, see below,) I really did want to visit Fenway. I've only been to one other MLB ballpark, Wrigley. Fenway opened in 1912 and Wrigley in 1914 and they have 50 and 48 years respectively on the next oldest park. So much history and tradition contained within the walls of both. And the sports fans in general of both cities = legendarily passionate and loyal. So that's what really spurred my desire to pay a visit to both.
View from the cheap seats.
Outcome. It definitely made for a happy crowd on the way out. 
So now my two-park pilgrimage is officially over. However, it would not take much to convince me to return to either or even to expand my horizons to newer venues. Especially if sunshine, beer, and hotdogs are thrown in. :)

More Boston and other things I've been up to soon!

♡,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment