Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012


The last day of our holiday was yesterday as Greg headed back to work today after two and then some weeks off. So today feels more like the first day of things than Sunday did.

I have a long list of resolutions, just like every year. I do really like the idea of matching up fresh starts and new beginnings with dates on the calendar (like the first day of the year or my birthday), momentous, or actually more often not-so momentous, events (like finishing up a project or a trip), or even just days of the week (like Monday). 

Included in the 2012 list are some run-of-the-mill-ish ones like sticking to regular exercise, only eating dessert on the weekend (I haven't decided which days nor how many will qualify as the weekend yet), and being more productive, which I plan to accomplish chiefly by getting up before 7:00 during the week (no morning person here, so yes, this WILL take some resolve). 

On the more fun side of self-betterment, I am going to do my best to do one craft-y project every week, of which I will share the process and results here. Also, I'm going to try to read two books a month, and I'll be sure to let you know what I've got my nose buried in. Oh, and to keep up better with my magazine reading too. Like actually get through all the issues for the month before the month is up, and I'll try to share here what I liked best from my various addictions, errr, subscriptions as I promised to do at one point in the distant past. And finally, I do want to expand and better my blogging, photography, and Little Green Vintage (coming back online soon), in ways that aren't exactly clearly defined as of yet, but I'll keep you posted. Hehehehe, pun intended.

I won't bore you with the rest right now, or probably ever, unless they should become relevant here.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season, and I'm wishing you luck with any goals you've set for yourself. I've definitely got some work cut out for me, but back soon!

♡,

Erin

PS The above is another postcard to my great grandmother, I can't tell from what year, but the sender, I think a friend, named Ethel, thanked her for the gift of a beautiful doily.

No comments:

Post a Comment