Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January Reading

As promised here are my two volumes for the month.


You'd probably have to have spent the last couple of months under a rock to not have heard of the one on the left. Greg and I are both Daniel Craig fans and we'd heard nothing but good things about the movie, so we went to see it a couple of weeks ago and loved it. So, as the book was so highly praised as well (coupled with my tendency to jump at any excuse to buy a book) I put it on my reading list, stat. I couldn't find a non-movie cover edition in my local book-selling establishments, and I just can't bring myself to do movie cover editions, so I ordered it online and had to wait for it to come. Add to that delay having to finish up a project related to my day career, and I just managed to read chapter one last night. I already like the late Mr. Larsson's style (via the translator of course). It's going to be a page-turner for me for sure.


Design*Sponge at Home is of course a well-edited, bound version of the blog of the same name that I visit daily. I picked it up at the bookstore before the holidays, and I'm just now treating myself to it. The first part is devoted to "Sneak Peeks" or home tours, the second to diy projects, and the last part to major home makeovers. I've already paged through all the diys and mentally noted which ones I'd like to tackle, and I'm making my way through the tours and makeovers a couple a night.


So there you have it. Long live the printed word!


♡,


Erin 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I looooove the design sponge book- choc full of the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete