Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Of All the Luck

A little while back I ordered a set of six postcards of vintage embroideries from Etsy shop All the Luck in the World to add some color and texture to the walls of our spare bedroom. When I got the outer wrapping off I found the inner one was almost too pretty to open! This might win loveliest Etsy item packaging received to date!
But alas, I had to get at the contents. So very in love with fiber arts right now, old and new.


I initially framed them up, but wasn't liking the look. Then a little lightbulb came on. I remembered I'd picked up this washi tape, and decided to put two and two together.

But before the result, I've been trying to hit the garage sales hard lately, both to find things for Little Green Vintage and to finish furnishing and decorating our own abode (I plan to start sharing my fresh picked finds here very soon), and last week I scored this sweet little table to act as a nightstand for the spare room. The bed sits pretty high and it's just right, just enough taller than your average occasional table. I thought I would paint it, then I strung up the feathers(/inadvertent cat toy) and suddenly I am quite happy with it just the way it is.
So for a little splash of color right above,


up went the postcards. 
Cheery and bright. The postcards and the tape. My first foray into washi taping and I'm pleased as punch. Sticks when you want it to and off it comes cleanly when you want that.

Do check out All the Luck in the World on Etsy. And proprietor Jane has a beautiful blog too: http://blog.alltheluckintheworld.nl/

I'll be sharing more of our house too as I do and add odds and ends, nudging it along to "finished" (ok, we all know never really, but closer to equilibrium).

♡,

Erin

2 comments:

  1. I love my Cath Kidston tape! It's marvelous for snail mail, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this may be the start of a washi tape obsession. I've started stalking it on Etsy. I'm going to have to remember it for letters and packages, and presents too. :)

    ReplyDelete