Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Vintage Cocktails @ Mouton

Last Friday night Greg and I set out as we usually do in search of some libations, especially keen to celebrate the kick off of the three-day weekend. I've been wanting to visit Mouton in the Short North for a loooong time now, ever since I read about it here on Columbus à la Mode and then just recently in the first edition of Columbus Crave. So we stopped in for some fresh, fresh cocktails with one foot in the past (traditional recipes), but definitely one in the present too (micro-distilled spirits). Greg had the Old Fashioned, which packed a delicious punch, and I had the Whiskey Smash, which was totally refreshing (like on a hot day, these would go down waaaaay too easy!).

I really liked the interior, a nice mix of clean minimalism and sturdy statement pieces from days of yore. Cocktail menu is posted on the wall above the bar, the recipe for each drink handwritten on individual sheets of paper (above, and look at those giant bottles of fresh squeezed juices in the fridge ♥), and the wine list is written on a large chalkboard on the adjacent wall (below). Craft beers are available by the bottle too. We didn't try anything off their food menu (mostly cheeses and meats and such), perhaps next time.
Mouton has a Facebook page as well with all the latest and it appears they are having an extended happy hour this very evening to celebrate their one year anniversary. Hmmmmm... maybe next time is only a few hours away!

Happy weekend!

♡,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment