Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

High Summer

Another great summer weekend drawing to a close. We went out for cocktails (at Mouton), dinner (at The Rossi. First time we'd tried it. Really good atmosphere, food, and service. Fabulous Deco bar.), and a nightcap at Bodega in the Short North Friday night. For those not familiar with Columbus, the Short North is situated north of downtown and south of the Ohio State University's campus. Centered on High St., it's a mostly commercial district chock full of restaurants, bars, shops, and galleries. It's where we like to go when we're in the mood for that energetic, hip sort of vibe and good people watching.
Saturday morning it was the Worthington Farmer's Market as usual, where I picked up these lovelies. And as when I posted on an earlier bouquet here, I'm not sure of the vendor's name. I will look in to both next time we're there (in two weeks, going home to Illinois for my birthday this coming weekend!), I promise.
Then we took our hungry selves to our usual Saturday brunch spot, Northstar Café in Clintonville. 
Followed that up with an estate sale I'd scoped out on Friday. They were advertising everything would be half price Saturday after noon, so I held out and only ended up missing out on one goodie I really wanted. I'll share what we scooped up in the next couple of days.
Then to beat the heat, we headed to the theater for The Deathly Hollows Part 2. Maybe for the second weekend in a row, maybe not.
We concluded the day by making cherry lemonades (with a splash or two of vodka. Will share the recipe here in the very near future) and a tasty, nearly entirely grilled dinner.
Today was more work and less play, but it ended with a nice big thunder and rain storm as we tucked into tasty chicken sausages, corn on the cob, sliced tomato, and potato salad, topped off with ice cream.
I hope you've enjoyed the gratuitous floral-ness.
This final bloom fell off the main event, but was too pretty for the trash.

Hope your weekend was nice and summery.

♡,

Erin

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love summer when all the best flowers are practically (sometimes literally) right in the backyard?! :)

    ReplyDelete