So I mentioned I am addicted to magazines. Well, I've added another to my must-have-every-issue list. I discovered Mollie Makes at the bookstore a few weeks ago while there picking up my other international must-have-every-issue read (introduce you to it soon). Mollie Makes is published in the UK, so it's a bit pricey here, but if you're into any or all of the below, it's worth every penny. And it seems each issue is to come with a little craft kit. How great is that?
I managed to come in on the very first issue (which feels really good as I somehow seem to always be late to discover neat things) and then earlier this week I stopped in to check and see if perhaps the next issue of either this or my other bookstore buy was out, and was just in time to snag the last copy of the second issue. And it's as good as the first!
I was delighted to see All the Luck in the World, of which you already know I'm smitten, featured.
And will you look at that lovely tea towel on the right there! The editors have excellent taste! But seriously, it's great to discover new wonderful things one loves in mags, but it also feels good to see the shops and items one already loves too. Quite validating.
There are projects galore. I'm in need of a pin cushion as I plan to kick my sewing hobby up a notch (from 0 to at least 1. But I've just done a project! and I'll show you soon).
I hope I get around to learning knitting/crochet before granny squares are granny again. I do like the look quite a lot at the moment.
And there are inspiring people and interiors too.
Yessiree, that is a full piano cozy. Love the eccentricity of the idea. (And that deer-head light.)
Whatever the topic, pretty well every spread is pure eye candy.
Mollie Makes is available by subscription nearly everywhere. And for us in the US, though it may seem a staggering sum, I did the math, and a subscription is slightly cheaper than the cover price. I am still considering whether or not to bite the bullet. Maybe as a birthday present to myself.
Do try to check it out though, it really captures the Etsy, craft-y, vintage-y, blog-y vibe sweeping around right now. And as someone trying to really embrace that culture and especially work harder on her crafty-ness, I find Mollie quite inspiring.
♡,
Erin

thank you Erin! i was in the uk a few weeks ago and tried to get the magazine but i couldn't find it. last week my friend Tif brought it over for me. it's lovely! x Jane
ReplyDeleteOh good! That would have been a bummer not to be able to get your hands on it for posterity. :)
ReplyDelete