Hello there. Apologies for my absence last week. I had the best of intentions on many fronts, but unfortunately my plans were derailed by an unpleasant discovery in the basement.
We thought we were on the verge of finally putting the finished half to use as living space, when a series of events led to the realization that, as a consequence of the remodel not being done properly in the first place, over the next month we'll be tearing out and replacing portions of framing, drywall, and baseboard and all of the flooring, as all of the above have been exposed to moisture pretty much constantly over the last ten plus years with yucky results. This instead of just finishing off furnishing the space and kicking back and watching a movie. Bummer.
This bad news had me so bummed that I almost called off the trip home to Champaign-Urbana to celebrate my birthday, but I was convinced by my better half to not be a party-pooper and I'm very glad of it. I had a great time on Saturday with family and friends. Got to enjoy the best pizza in the world at Papa Del's on Green St. and then hop around downtown Champaign till it was my birthday no more. (The above is the Champaign City Building from the beer garden of The Blind Pig Brewery. I like that the pic is warm, fuzzy, blurry, nostalgic, and a bit romantic, like a good birthday should be.)
So it's the start of a new set of ten years for me, the one where all the ages start with 3. I've found the transition a bit depressing, but I'm excited too, for all the great things I'm sure are to come.
Hope you had a good weekend and I promise to try to be a more dependable blogger going forward, no matter the extraneous circumnstances.
♡,
Erin

Happy new set of ten years for you :) we should be friends fellow august birthday girl
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I actually just squeeze by the July cut off. I'm on the 30th. When is yours? We should be friends! I have been meaning to make a day for some Short North shopping and to come into Rose Bredl to say hi. I will in the near future, and will make sure you're in. :)
ReplyDelete