Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vintage, Vintage Everywhere

Finally, here are the goodies we scooped up at the estate sale I mentioned oh so long ago. I am up to my ears in finds that I need to scrub up, inventory, photo, and list in The Little Green Vintage Shop.
Isn't this baby beautiful? I'm pretty sure that all it needs is good cleaning and a new ribbon (or two, I think there's a button to switch colors). 
All of the keys seem to work just fine, no sticking at all, and the return too, and it still makes that satisfying ding when you reach the end of the line. 
I think it's early 20s. I've currently got two other typewriters as well that I found at garage sales this summer, both a bit newer than this one by a few decades. One is a script typewriter that works just perfectly (even the ribbon is a-ok) and the other has got a few sticky keys and needs a ribbon. I am debating as to whether or not to sell them as is or find a place to get them all serviced and in working order first. Or do the latter and then just have the start of my own typewriter collection. Hmmmmm.   
This gem had been relegated to the garage, apparently it had long ago become too unfashionable to keep the bread. But I daresay its chrome-plated loveliness has come full circle as far as the looks department goes.
I picked up some polish yesterday and I think with a little elbow grease it would look right at home in today's modern stainless-filled kitchen. Or whatever room one might have things to keep tucked away out of sight inside something shiny.


These coasters are a keeper. I already have a set just like them but with pewter rims. The more the merrier.
I keep picturing this basket with one half full of peaches and the other full of blackberries. In keeping with the season.
Perhaps in a couple of months jammed full of yarn, a couple of needles, and the latest project. And I don't even knit. Yet.
It too was out in the garage, with a couple of odd nuts and bolts in it. Now ready for a new purpose.
Speaking of cooler weather, how's about a little Stewart plaid?
Oh, Scotland. I'll be back soon, I promise. (Our honeymoon destination. Hopefully I'll show you in the near future.)
And finally, one gorgeous chenille bedspread. I know you always see bits cut from these, but this one is in nearly absolutely, if not absolutely, perfect condition, so it will be remaining intact. As I mentioned, I first stopped into the sale Friday, but decided to wait on getting anything and go back Saturday afternoon when everything was half price. The one thing I missed out on that I really wanted was another all-white chenille spread. I don't remember if it was wedding ring pattern too or something different, but it was in equally fabulous condition. It would be adorning our bed now, but alas, I suppose that's the risk one takes in trying to get the best bargain.

Well, I am planning to do some chores, get a little exercise, and then spend the rest of the day working towards getting new things into Little Green Vintage. (While enjoying having the windows open for the first time since I don't remember when, as it seems the heat wave is finally over, hooray!) So watch for those items above I haven't indicated I plan to be selfish with, plus many more, coming soon. I am also still working towards a new line of handmade/upcycled items, hopefully in time for the holiday season, if not sooner.

In other news, we've half gutted the previously finished side of our basement, and my Dad arrives tomorrow to help in beginning its rehabilitation. I will do my best to still be a good blogger though.

♡,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment