I came across this journal at Anthropologie earlier this year and kinda loved the concept. It occurred to me then and there to get it and save it back to give to myself as a birthday present. I am ALL for self-gifting. I always know just what I want. I didn't get around to properly wrapping it, but I did tie some vintage ribbon around it.
I've always loved the idea of keeping a diary/journal, ever since I was a little girl, but I've never been very good at it. Every attempt I've tended to go into way too much excruciating detail, so that it takes forever to write an entry, and then I give up because I never feel able to take the time. So hopefully this will allow me to be short and sweet and stick-to-itive (I've thought about this before and I am pretty convinced that there is not a word in the English language that conveys the same nuances of meaning as stick-to-it-iveness. It sounds so much better said aloud, looks horrible written.) in recording myself for posterity.
I ♥ gilt-edged pages.
Liked this number cloud on the inside covers too.
I didn't have the chance to get started on my birthday or for a few days after, but finally yesterday I cracked the spine.
I'm trying not to peek ahead too much, but there's all sorts of questions. When I come to a particularly interesting one in the future, I'll be sure to share here.
I think the most thoughtful present I've every given myself. :)
Gosh, it's Friday again. Already. Happy weekend.
♡,
Erin
PS I just looked and it's available here and other places as well if you just Google the title.
what a fun book!
ReplyDelete