With our csa subscription this summer, we are experiencing the bounty of the season like never before. And it's kind of overwhelming. Not that I like wasting food, but for some reason every bit of csa produce that's gone bad before we've gotten to use it I have felt way more guilty about than anything from the grocery store that's ever rotted into inedibility on my watch. I think at least part of the reason for this is that each week we actually come face-to-face with the people working so hard to grow all the beautiful fruits and veg and to bring them practically to our door stoop. And I know the opportunity to eat so fresh and local is a privilege, and a fleeting one, therefore it's a real shame if I don't make the most of it.
I hadn't been feeling very inspired for the last week or so, which isn't good given the pile of produce that's been staring me in the face. Then, just in the nick of time, I came across this post on the Kitchn this afternoon. And as a result we had the delicious grilled eggplant above for dinner. The recipe is here. We had one medium-large eggplant, so that's what we made. I winged it and didn't measure the vinegar or oil. I just had regular balsamic and I forgot to add the sugar, but it tasted just fine to me in the end. I did drizzle just a little more balsamic over as I was eating, but I ♥ a little more of any kind of vinegar than maybe others would. We subbed feta for goat cheese and used basil, oregano, and parsley, cause that's what we had. Easy, delicious, gorgeous, and healthy to boot. It would make a great simple starter, but this was the main course for us tonight.
Yum!
♡,
Erin
No comments:
Post a Comment